Skip to main content

Vanilla Banana Muffins


I wasn't buying oats for a while because I needed a break from them (I know, crazy right?). Sometimes when I have a copious amount of oats, I bake and bake and make loads of oatmeal and then I'm all sugared out. I figured I would take a break from buying them for a while so I can chill with the sugar. I bought some oats the other day again and I decided to make these muffins last night. They are so delish and ended up perfect and I had one this morning for breakfast.


Now, I have granola in the oven! That recipe will be coming at you next. I use oats to make oat flour for everything I bake. Everything is made from oats. Partly because I don't feel like buying other flour and also because of the convenience. I buy quick cook oats which are already broken down so when I use them in a recipe, they end up a really good flour. By the way, as I write this, the granola in my oven smells sooooo yum!


Oat flour doesn't really need to be baked that long so these muffins were done in a flash. Vanilla banana muffins, vegan and gluten-free:

2 cups of oat flour
1 ripe mashed banana
2 tsp of baking powder
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (plant-based)
2 tbsp of maple syrup
A dash of cinnamon
1-1 1/2 cups of non dairy milk
1 tbsp of flaxseed meal
2.5 tbsp of water
Coconut sugar for sprinkling
Banana for slicing on top


Mix together the water and flaxseed meal to make a flax egg and let it sit until it thickens. Add everything to your food processor including the flax egg and process on high. Add more milk if you need to thin the batter out. Spoon out a generous helping of batter into cupcake trays, my batter made 6 big muffins. Slice up the other banana and put a few pieces on top of each muffin. Sprinkle coconut sugar on top of each muffin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool and serve.