Skip to main content

Vanilla Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bars


I'm running low on dried fruit which is essential for making raw crusts so tonight I said good bye to my bag of dried cranberries with this amazing recipe. These bars are delish, sweet and full of vanilla flavor with the added fiber of oats. There are very few ingredients and in no time you will have a very cool snack.

If I hadn't dipped into the bag of dried cranberries all week, I would have had more bars but that's ok, this recipe made 3 decent sized bars which is the perfect amount. If I have too many desserts hanging around, I usually eat way too many in one day. This recipe makes me really appreciate the power of vanilla flavor. Growing up, I always preferred vanilla ice cream, still do, and I always prefer vanilla flavoring in desserts (interestingly, I can't stand the smell but love the taste). I always buy pure vanilla extract from Trader Joe's and I grabbed one the other night-a little definitely goes a long way. So, when flavoring recipes with vanilla, add maybe no more than 2 tsp, it's amazing how strong is it.


There isn't too much to say, this recipe is easy and delish and is good for kids, toddlers, grown ups, before a run, with some tea or coffee, whatever you wish. Tomorrow I'm going to eat one as a midday snack. Keep them in the fridge or the freezer, right now these are chillin in my freezer.

1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of rolled oats
2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
1 tbsp of dairy free chocolate chips

Melt the coconut oil. Put the crans, oats and vanilla extract in your food processor and turn on high. Pour the coconut in and let it process for a minute. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Press the mixture into bar molds or shape them into small squares. Freeze for a few hours then transfer to the fridge; or just keep in the freezer. I was able to bite into a bar after it was in the freezer for a few hours so they are not impossible to eat if you leave them in the freezer. They will melt at room temperature because of the coconut oil so keep in the fridge in an air-tight container.


Notes: add more chocolate chips if you wish. I used quick cook rolled oats because I prefer them in recipes and oatmeal. Double the batch for more bars. Use alcohol-free vanilla extract. Enjoy!

Comments