Skip to main content

Four Ingredient Chocolate Fudge


I was away the last week visiting my family in Philly and I feel as if I have neglected this blog. I think about it all the time when I cook and eat but I just haven't had time to do a new post....until now. And I'm busting out the yummy fudge recipe. The fourth ingredient in this fudge is surprising and not one you would think would go in fudge. But it's there so keep reading! By the way, I love that you read my blog and I feel so grateful for all of you :)


I tried this recipe last week but I used too much coconut oil. This time it turned out great and I added the surprise ingredient at the last minute-an ingredient that I've been obsessed with lately. Ok, I'll just tell you...it's turmeric! It's such a beautiful, bright color and it has a peppery taste but you cannot see or taste it in this fudge recipe. I'm obsessed with turmeric because it can ease pain and inflammation and be the savior that people need it to be. I was going to order some turmeric pills but I have it here in my kitchen and will just add it to recipes and try to consume it everyday. People rave about it. It can reduce joint pain and cure infections and clear acne...it has so many awesome positive aspects. The next time I use it I'm going to put it in hot tea. I can see a turmeric recipe coming up in the next couple weeks!

So, just four ingredients, this fudge is easy, it's a great recipe to make the night before you eat it so it can chill in the fridge overnight. And you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.

1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of cacao or cocoa powder
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp of turmeric
A few splashes of non dairy milk or water

Add the coconut oil to a small saucepan and turn on low heat. Add the other ingredients and stir until everything is blended. There is no need to turn the heat on high. Taste the mixture and add more maple syrup if needed. Pour the chocolate mixture into a small, square glass bowl and place in the fridge. It will harden and turn into fudge. You can freeze for a little bit too. Cut into small squares and serve. Because there is coconut oil in it, it will melt easily especially when it's humid so be aware of that.



I'm headed to the Pocono Mountains this weekend for some R&R with the fam, some yummy food and just to reset and get ready for fall. I am in the midst of leading a group of 127 people in a month of meditation and we are going to continue in September. I'm even going to do a fb live guided meditation video this weekend even though I have not yet embraced videos as part of my social media. I'm kinda camera shy...but I'm going to try it! Want to start meditating and learn now to meditate at home? Join us!

Ok, let me wash this henna out of my hair and get going with my evening....comment if you try this recipe! I love hearing from you <3

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!


Comments

  1. That looks wonderful and hoping to taste some this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and super easy to make! I can't eat dairy, so these would be perfect for satisfying a chocolate craving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try making these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...