Skip to main content

Vanilla Protein Milkshake


It's super warm today but I must say it's not as bad as I imagined. My apartment is not really that warm and I haven't needed anything beyond a fan all day while I was typing, emailing, updating websites and writing newsletters. But I think tomorrow is supposed to be 90 in NYC so I figured I would bust out an ice cream recipe.


I don't usually buy protein powder but I do like a few brands and sometimes I just want to put some yummy protein powder in a smoothie or ice cream. I was contacted by a Livwell representative a while back asking if I'd like to try their protein powder and it quickly became one of my favorite brands. Use the code Foreverplantbased and save 10% on your order. Buy more than $49 worth of products and you get free shipping. Purchase here.

You don't need vanilla protein powder for this recipe but it definitely adds bulk to the smoothie and leaves you feeling filled. Protein powder is great to add to recipes if you are working out alot or just want some added, healthy flavor.

2 frozen bananas
1 scoop of Livewell or any vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup of non dairy milk
1 tbsp of peanut butter, optional

Blend well, pour into a glass, sip and enjoy.

Notes: if you don't let the bananas freeze totally, you get more of a milkshake versus ice cream. I'm currently drinking this as a milkshake because I only put the bananas in the fridge 2 hours ago. It tastes like it should be at least a 900 calorie milkshake you get at a diner but it is far from that! You could use a little splash of vanilla extract if you don't have protein powder but honestly, you should try some protein powder for this recipe. It gives it flavor and a thicker consistency. I used Westsoy plain, unsweetened soy milk.

Enjoy the warmer weather!!