Skip to main content

Three Sweet Treats that I'm Loving Lately


Maybe I should make this a dessert blog. I love pulling out my food processor or hand mixing desserts in my favorite glass blue bowl and then having a sweet treat for any time of day. My desserts are usually healthy enough to eat for breakfast or for before a workout. I try to add as little sweetener as possible or I use fruit like dates or bananas to sweeten a dessert. These are my latest creations:
Peanut Butter Protein Bars

2 cups of quick cook oats
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of almond butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter powder 
Water
Hand mix everything in a large bowl. Add the water last and add enough until the mixture is like cookie dough. Press into a small square dish and refrigerate.
Also add: hemp seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, chocolate chips...




Chocolate Chip Brownies



These are super cake-like

2 cups of oat flour
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
1/2 cup of almond butter


Mix everything except the chocolate chips in your food processor. Hand mix in the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool then cut.

Mini Caramel Apple Pies



Crust
1 cup of quick cook oats
1/2 cup of almond butter
A little bit of water

Hand mix the oats and almond butter and then add the water a little at a time. Press the crust into cupcake pan molds. 

Caramel
Almond butter
Maple syrup or brown rice syrup
Hand mix almond butter and maple syrup until it's a thick caramel. Spread on top of each of the crusts. 

Top each pie with chopped apple