Skip to main content

Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola


Every time I crave cereal, I think of  how much healthier it would be if I made my own. Thus, how this granola recipe came to fruition. I think you are aware of my obsession with brown rice syrup, a super low glycemic alternative to sugar so that has definitely made an appearance in this recipe. The best thing about granola is you can dress it up or make it as plain as you wish. It's great to eat as cereal with milk or just bring it with you as a snack to munch on in the middle of your day. It doesn't have to be a sugary mess; it can be quite nutritious, full of fiber and healthy fats.


I'm sure you are reading this with a fabulous granola recipe already under your belt. It is a recipe that has withstood the test of time and has made it into the kitchen of countless chefs, cooks, moms and dads. Start with rolled oats and a liquid sweetener and just start adding ingredients in from there. It's so simple, takes just a quick bit in the oven and you got yourself some granola!


You can add anything to granola but if you're clueless here are some great ingredients to add:

Chia seeds
Nut butter
Flaxseed
Nuts
Dried fruit
Chocolate chips
Spices
Seeds

I opted for a simple recipe this time but please feel free to use this as your base and add ingredients from there. I am still doing a sugar detox and whenever I can, I avoid adding anything extra sweet to my food so the only sweetener in this recipe is brown rice syrup. You can add another sweetener if you wish but, for me, the brown rice syrup is enough.


2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of brown rice syrup
1/3 cup of raw pecans
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
1/4 cup of coconut oil

Pour the rolled oats into a large bowl and add the pecans. Heat the coconut oil, brown rice syrup and peanut butter in a small pan. When heated, melted and smooth, pour on top of the oats and pecans and mix well. It may be difficult to mix at first but keep going, the brown rice syrup is thick. When all ingredients are mixed well, spread the granola out on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 300 degrees. Store in air tight containers.

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!








Comments