Skip to main content

Dark Chocolate Vegan Protein Brownies


It's been a minute since I updated this blog and it's a miracle it's happening now! I just made some brownies and wanted to share with you. I'm also on a roll writing my novel so might as well get some blogging done too. These brownies are so ooey gooey good and I think you will like them. I usually link this blog in my Instagram stories but also check the brownie photo caption tomorrow and there will be a list of ingredients in case you want to run to the store.

I had chocolate caramel protein powder in my cabinet but no worries if you don't have protein powder, you can use more coconut sugar. We also use cocoa powder for this recipe as well so your brownies will be plenty chocolatey. Add in some chocolate pieces and you have a very rich brownie.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year and is continuing to recover from this pandemic in any way you need to. I can't believe it's been three years exactly since the world shut down and seemingly changed forever. I hope you are all honoring what your body needs and if it needs brownies or pizza or veggies, I hope you give yourself what you need. I hope you have also taken what you needed from the last three years and continue to meet yourself where you are. Some of us needed rest, the ability to work from home, some needed a career change or a move. I re-activated my social work license and I'm working towards a private psychotherapy practice. I moved to a new apartment (two buildings down from my old one-yay Covid deals) and it's been lovely. I spent all summer at my family's lake house to breathe fresh air and unwind in a new place. 


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

Dry Ingredients in one bowl:

3/4 cup of oat flour

2 scoops of chocolate protein powder

1/4 cup of cocoa powder

1/4 cup of coconut sugar

1/4 cup of peanut butter powder

1 tsp of baking soda

1 chocolate bar

Wet ingredients:

1 cup of cashew or any non dairy yogurt

1/2 cup of non dairy milk

Mix all dry ingredients together except the chocolate bar. Add the wet ingredients and mix well by hand so that batter is as smooth as possible. Pour batter in a small square glass dish and cut up the chocolate bar and add to the top of the batter.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check after 25 minutes by testing the batter with a fork. If it comes out clean, turn off the oven and let the brownies cool. Cut after cooling for a while. Store at room temperature for about two days then transfer to the fridge or freeze. 

Notes: if you don't have protein powder, use more cocoa powder and 1/4 cup more of coconut sugar. You don't need the peanut butter powder but it adds protein. I used cashew yogurt and soy milk. Dark chocolate is usually non dairy, check ingredients. Oat flour is oats in the food processor.


I can't promise I will keep this blog updated but I do want to get back to making recipes and photographing them. I just don't have time to do all of that at once so I end up not doing it at all. 

Be well!!


Comments