Skip to main content

Easy Molasses Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)


I'm obsessed with blackstrap molasses. So I had to make cookies with this amazing syrup and they turned out so delish.

I put some of the batter in cupcakes molds so I made three cupcakes-I'll share the icing recipe. My favorite time of year is upon us! I love Christmas in New York, especially now that I live here.


I used chickpea flour for this recipe so these cookies are gluten-free. I also used extra butter so they are chewy and soft.

2.5 cups of chickpea or any GF flour
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of blackstrap molasses
1 cup of softened (not melted) vegan butter
2 tsp of vanilla extract



Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl then all of the wet ones in another bigger bowl. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the bigger bowl and mix well by hand. Let the batter sit in the fridge for 10ish minutes. Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet into small cookie shapes. You can also put the batter into a cupcake pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.


Icing: I mixed softened butter, maple syrup and arrowroot powder until creamy. You can also use vegan cream cheese instead of the butter.

I'm having my last Munch and Meditate on December 8th at 12:30PM. Are you in NYC and want to celebrate the holidays while also getting in some self-care? Join me for beginners gentle yoga, vegan appetizers and desserts, music and mingling. Bring your own wine too! Mat and props are at the studio for you. Grab a ticket, space is limited foreverplantbased.eventbrite.com




Comments