Skip to main content

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream


My peanut butter craze reached an all new high the other day and it got so bad I swore off of it for 3 whole days. I can eat peanut butter several times a day everyday, if I let myself, which I did this past week. It's so damn good; I mostly prefer the Whole Foods 365 brand, there is just nothing quite like it. Maybe I should stop buying that brand and go with one I don't prefer so I won't go reaching for peanut butter every chance I get. Why it is so addicting?!


Anyway, this recipe is based off of my sweet peanut butter oat bar recipe but I added more peanut butter (surprise!) and made it more cookie-like and broke it up to mix into the ice cream. The ice cream part of this recipe is banana based so it's great for you but I definitely used a ton of peanut butter for the cookies.

It's easy to hit the ice cream at the store and go nuts, especially when something is on sale and it's a vegan ice cream. But honestly, you can save yourself a ton of calories and processed ingredients (yes, some ice cream may be vegan but it's not necessarily healthy) by freezing speckled, brown bananas and blending them into soft serve. You can add chocolate, natural peanut butter, vanilla, dried fruit, nuts, anything. It's an easy recipe and you can indulge in frozen bananas instead of worrying about how much sugar or preservatives are in your ice cream.

So, ready to fire up the blender just in time for summer weather??? Serve your family and yourself some healthy ice cream for a change! You gotta try this recipe.

2-3 very ripe, frozen bananas
1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of quick oats
1/4 cup of coconut palm syrup or maple syrup
2 tbsp of flaxseeds
2 tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
1/4 of walnuts
A few splashes of non dairy milk
1-2 tbsp of extra peanut butter, if desired

To make the pb cookie, hand mix in a large bowl, the quick oats, coconut palm syrup or maple syrup,  flaxseeds, chia seeds, peanut butter, and chopped walnuts. Mix well and completely. Press into a dish and refrigerate. Cut into small pieces to mix into the ice cream.

Freeze 2-3 speckled bananas overnight and then blend with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder. Add non dairy milk to get the blender going. Scoop the nice cream into a dish and crumble the cookies on top and mix in. Add extra pb if needed. Keep frozen.

Let me know how you like it. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!