Skip to main content

10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for the New Year


When I do compilation posts, it's always a wonderful trip down memory lane. I love to see how my photography improved or how different I lay out my posts. I also love to see how my cooking has changed and what foods I was obsessed with two years ago. I love to see how I've grown and I start planning ways to improve my blog even more.

Smoothies are so cool and I have so many that I want to share but I narrowed it down to ten. I go back to 2014 for some and also included some recent popular ones. These smoothies are mostly full of organic fruits and veggies that will help you get back on track if you stray (when you stray) over the holidays. I for one am going to try not to overeat, especially sugary foods and drinks but inevitably it may happen so having a smoothie the next day is a great way to get back on track. Some of my smoothies are also perfect instead of a sugary dessert or something you could enjoy if you are craving chocolate. I also threw in a coffee smoothie that is so awesome to have if you need a jolt to get through last minute shopping.

These smoothies leave me feeling great. I drink them before and after workouts or as a healthy breakfast to get me going in the morning. Some smoothies taste like heaven and it's difficult to imagine that they contains greens (like my chocolate spinach smoothie) but they are all pretty healthy. When I make smoothies, I tend to make more than one serving so you can always cut down on the amount of bananas and liquid that is used in my recipes. Use my recipes as a guide and get your creative juices going.

When I publish this post, I will be home for Christmas. I can't wait to spend time with my family and my friends from home and to drive around, chill in the burbs and just relax and reflect on 2016. I have so many high hopes and awesome plans for 2017, especially for this blog, that I'm looking forward to making a list and checking things off. My two major plans for this blog is to get a mailing list going and look into changing website templates. I may have outgrown Blogger but I'm hesitant to leave it so I'm going to work on my mailing list first! Websites are stressful. They take me a ton of time to figure out and I usually end up frustrated. But onward and upward always requires work and no one said it would be easy!

So, check these smoothie recipes out; they are here as a guide for you to begin eating healthier for 2017. Go to the bottom of my website and click on smoothies for all 51 of my smoothie recipes going all the way back to 2014 (excuse the horrible photographs!)

Recovery and Restoration Smoothie

I made this smoothie recipe to aid me in recovering from my longer runs when I was training for the NYC marathon. It contains fruit with high amounts of antioxidants as well as turmeric, a healing spice that helps with pain and inflammation. This was pretty amazing and very refreshing.



Smoothie for Sore Muscles

Did you know cherries are supposed to help muscle recovery and healing? That's what is in this smoothie and I loved every sip. I bought frozen cherries at Whole Foods and went to town. Chia seeds and blueberries are also healing foods. This is a must try if you are training hard for a run or bike ride.



Coffee Smoothie and this one

Coffee smoothies are my obsession and I think I talked about them for three posts in a row. They are energizing, delicious and satisfy my sweet cravings. If you are sensitive to caffeine, the added ingredients help to dilute the effects of the caffeine. I love this smoothie!



Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie

This is decadent mainly because of the peanut butter taste; it's strong and very present. This is a perfect smoothie for a dessert if you're trying to avoid processed sugars and carbs. It's like a sweet, creamy milkshake.


Green "Reset" Smoothie

This smoothie is awesome for resetting your digestion and energy levels after overindulging and I often post it during the holidays. It's a combination of some amazing, healing greens, lemons and high fiber fruit. As you can see, it makes a pretty big smoothie, which is great if you want to drink it throughout the day. Make this the day after Christmas and you will thank yourself!


Chocolate Spinach Smoothie

It's hard to believe this smoothie contains spinach. Spinach blends so well that you can sneak it in any smoothie. This smoothie is a chocolate peanut butter delight full of antioxidant containing greens. It's amazing!! Another smoothie to make for dessert.



Beet Banana Smoothie

Beets are not my favorite because I'm slightly turned off by their earthy taste but I get past that by buying pre-peeled beets. This was a creamy, amazing smoothie with a sweet twist due to the banana.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Smoothie

Yum yum, you can just tell by this smoothie name that this is going to be a dessert smoothie. I made it super high fat by using full fat coconut milk but you can cut down on the fat by using a different milk. You will love love this!


Tropical Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie

If you don't have protein powder, it's ok, you can still make this smoothie. I was obsessed with vanilla Arbonne protein powder when I made it so I went for it. You can use vanilla extract or just eliminate the vanilla. It will still be delish. Excuse the terrible photograph! I added a vegan macaroon to the top but this is totally optional.


Frozen Blueberry/Spinach Smoothie

A simple smoothie, with berries and healthy fat, this is a great recipe to build upon. I love how blackberries and blueberries make a beautiful deep purple color. This smoothie also includes frozen spinach and peanut butter. Feel free to use substitutes based on what ingredients you have in your kitchen. Is this not the best color?



Have an epic holiday week and take the time to relax and refresh your mind and body. Think about what you wish to accomplish in 2017 and make a list of ways to get there. Are you in NYC and want to come to one of my yoga and meditation classes? I would love to meet you! Check them out here and sign up!

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!

Comments