Skip to main content

Tiramisu Overnight Oats

It's great to be back!! I had to reset my password to sign on here 😂 It's been soooo long. I'm halfway through my supervision hours for my clinical social work license, I just renewed my lease and they did NOT raise my rent a crazy amount and I'm working more on my fiction novel. I'm also looking forward to summer, I love my family and friends, I love New York City, life is so good now! How are you?

I am obsessed with overnight oats lately as well as chia seeds mixed with yogurt. Have you done this? It's amazing. The chia seeds soak up the yogurt and it becomes this rich, delicious Greek-like consistency. I usually buy the cashew yogurt from Trader Joe's, I think it's pretty much Forager Project yogurt re-labeled but it's thick and delicious and it's unsweetened. I love me some unsweetened yogurt, no buckets of added sugar and you can eat it just as is or sweeten it with fruit. 

I mistakingly used a 1/3 cup when I measured the oats but you can make these with the normal serving size of 1/2 cup. I used 2/3 cup of oats for this recipe. I also used my food processor for this. If you don't want to use your food processor or don't have one, no problem, it just helps to make the "cake" part of the tiramisu. You can absolutely use the oats soaked with milk. This recipe is great for breakfast or dessert, it's protein packed and mostly whole foods based.

I used plant-based protein powder. I have no code for you but it's Orgain brand and they are killing it with flavors. I recently tried the strawberries and cream, oreo and, for this recipe, the iced coffee flavored protein powder. They are out of this world. I usually get bored with protein powder after a while and end up not liking it as much as I did when I first tried it but these flavors rock. I don't eat protein powder everyday and sometimes I take months off but it can be a great addition to your diet.

I used unsweetened, organic soy milk. I love the taste of soy milk but feel free to use any non-dairy milk.

Let's get to the recipe!


2/3 cup of rolled oats

3/4 cup of soy milk

1 scoop of iced coffee protein powder

3/4 cup of unsweetened non-dairy yogurt

2 tbsp of chia seeds

2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder

Add the oats, soy milk and protein powder to your food processor and blend until smooth. Scoop into a small bowl. Refrigerate.

In another bowl, mix together the yogurt and chia seeds and let sit in the fridge for an hour.

After an hour, scoop the yogurt/chia seed mix on top of the oats mix. Using a strainer, sprinkle the cocoa powder on top of the yogurt. Refrigerate overnight.





Comments