Skip to main content

Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes



I saw a chocolate cheesecake recipe on IG and had to make my own, mostly because I want to get a new recipe up here but also because I was inspired to make another raw dessert. It's been a while since I've made a yummy dessert. I just returned home from Sicily-I was on a yoga retreat-and it was so magical. The food was fresh and organic and wonderful, the people were sweet and amazing and the country was just so simple and beautiful. I enjoyed the hot sun, swam in the pool and the ocean and just relaxed. Now that I spent a week eating local, fresh and organic, I want to keep doing this at home. I'm going to keep reaching for nuts, fruit and fresh veggies as much as I can and phasing out some of these mock meats I've been eating and...the salt, I'm not adding anymore.


This recipe is pretty easy and I had everything in my fridge for it so I didn't need to buy anything more. I didn't have alot of cashews so I added one small avocado but you don't have to add the avo. You can also use dates for the crust instead of raisins. You also don't need the chocolate protein powder; I just added it for more protein. These little cakes are so delicious especially the crust. I love using raisins for the crust; they give it an extra chewiness. Keep these in the freezer in between eating them.





Crust
3/4 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of almonds
5 tbsp of melted coconut oil

Cake
1/2 cup of soaked raw cashews
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (optional)
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 small avocado
1/2 cup of almond milk

Put all the crust ingredients in your food processor until it's a sticky crust consistency. Press the crust into a 6 mold cupcake pan. Put the cake ingredients into your food processor until the consistency is smooth. Add more almond milk if you need to thin out the cake. Scoop the cake onto each crust. Top with blueberries and freeze. I made 6 small cheesecakes. You can also melt chocolate on top.