Skip to main content

Creamy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese


Dinner was soooo good today....this recipe is amazing, low-fat, good for you, creamy and filling. Prior to this, I made mac and cheese a few different ways: with cashews, with vegan cheese and with tofu but never with cauliflower...until now. Wish I had made it sooner; with spices and herbs, it can be dressed up to be quite spicy and savory. I love how this came out and I'm loving my photos!


I buy cauliflower organic since it is a cruciferous vegetable; Trader Joe's has a head of organic cauliflower in their veggie section and it's a pretty good price. Though I was thinking about adding scallions, I didn't end up doing this but feel free to add them or another veggie (tomatoes, peppers). This recipe requires very few ingredients so it's quick and easy. Use any pasta you wish, I'm not gluten-free so I used regular elbow macaroni but do whatever you like.


I love using veggies to make a sauce, especially when it's the main ingredient. I use carrots and butternut squash to make my cheddar flavored mac and cheese; it's such a great way to to fuel your body with veggies without really knowing it and while enjoying your favorite comfort foods. This wonderful long weekend was super relaxing and I love ending it with an epic recipe.

5-6 cauliflower florets, washed and steamed
3/4 cup of non dairy milk, unsweetened
2 tsp of red pepper powder
2 cloves of fresh garlic
2 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp of dried oregano
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional)

Make your pasta according to the box. Steam your cauliflower florets until tender. In your food processor, combine all ingredients and process on high. Add more milk if the sauce is not creamy enough. Pour on top of your pasta and mix well. Top with oregano and more nutritional yeast if you wish.


AMAZING! This is just as good if you have leftovers and want to heat them up later or the next day. If you don't have cauliflower, use 1 cup of firm tofu but drain it first. You can add more spices as you see fit; I didn't have nutritional yeast and this recipe turned out fine. You can make my cheddar mac and cheese sauce above with cauliflower instead of cashews while also adding the carrots and butternut squash. You can make creamy mac and cheese with any of the ingredients above that I discussed, in any kind of combination with any spices and herbs, it's a great recipe to show off your creativity.

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!





Comments