Skip to main content

Blueberry-Date Tart


How do you tell someone you love them....them promptly forget about them? You make a heart-shaped tart, freeze it and forget you have it in the freezer. I bought a heart shaped rubber mold because I want to start making different shaped desserts and this mold makes it so easy to freeze something and get it out of the mold later. I bought this when I was home visiting my family and now my goal is to find little molds to make chocolates in and some Christmas molds. I'm headed home for the 4th of July and I plan on going on a shopping spree.

This post is going to be quick because this recipe was super quick! Also, I'm going to publish this next week leading up to the 4th holiday so that now you have two dessert options if you need them when you go to a BBQ or want some type of summery dessert to go with you anywhere (see my last cheesecake post). I whipped this up in a second using my tried and true cookie dough crust recipe and just made the topping with two easy ingredients.

Crust:

Use this recipe. Press into your heart shaped or whatever shaped mold or pan you have. This recipe will make a single serving tart.

Blueberry-Date sauce:

1/2 cup of fresh organic blueberries
6 pitted medjool dates

Process in your food processor until the mixture is a deep color blue and then top the crust with the mixture. Freeze for an hour and then put in the fridge.


This crust recipe is the base for pretty much all of my raw desserts. It's healthy and easy to make with all whole ingredients. Dates are so awesome, they are the #1 sweetener when you are trying to cut down on processed sugar and they are so versatile. I gotta sing their praises some more...you can freeze them and dip them in pb for a decadent snack, you can sweeten desserts or smoothies with them and you can top oatmeal with them. They are so awesome and if you haven't tried them, I would say this is your opportunity. I always buy them at Trader Joe's, they usually have them all year round.

For those of you celebrating July 4th or who are on vacation, have a blast!

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!



Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...