Skip to main content

Two Vanilla Flavored Dessert Bars with 3 Ingredients (Vegan & Gluten-free)


I have some vanilla protein powder left and I wanted to use it in something other than smoothies. I always go right to desserts :) These recipes are fat and protein heavy with no added sugar yet they are delish and satisfying. I haven't been adding sugar to my food lately; I'm letting my recipes be yummy on their own, and with the addition of the protein powder, these desserts bars are sweet enough.


The two ingredients I always rely on for a new dessert recipe are chocolate and peanut butter but I used the vanilla protein powder because I ran out of cocoa powder. I don't use any one particular protein powder; I've tried several of them over the years and still haven't found one that is completely amazing in taste and free from crappy ingredients. I look for them to have no added sugar and to have the least amount of ingredients as possible (and whole, plant-based ingredients, of course). There are alot of plant-based protein powders on Amazon so I would find the one that is in your price range and order that one. Check the ingredients and reviews and make sure you get the flavor you like.



So, these recipes have just 3 ingredients and require one small saucepan, bar molds and your freezer. They are easy to whip up and best to make in the evening and freeze overnight.

White Chocolate Bars
3/4 cup of coconut butter
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup of non dairy milk

Put ingredients in a small pot and turn the heat on low. Stir and melt everything until the ingredients are mixed well and smooth then pour into bar molds; I made 4 bars. Freeze overnight.

Vanilla Peanut Butter Fudge
3/4 cup of peanut butter
1 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
3 tbsp of coconut oil

Put all ingredients into a small pot and turn the heat on low. Stir and mix everything together until smooth. Pour into bar molds (I made four bars) and freeze. This recipe melts quickly when out of the freezer because it contains coconut oil so keep in mind when serving.