Skip to main content

5 Ingredients Sweet Potato Almond Butter Cookies (Vegan, GF)


5 ingredients, easy to make cookies sweetened with veggies and fruit. These cookies are vegan and gluten-free and perfect for breakfast or a snack. All ingredients are wholesome and probably in your pantry!


Sweet potatoes....I love them. Mainly I buy them to chop and steam and eat with greens, rice and an amazing sauce or dressing but tonight I steamed a huge sweet potato for two different recipes: cookies and oatmeal. The oatmeal recipe is coming later this week.


Sweet potato are so sweet that you forget you're eating a veggie. Added to any dish, they minimize the need for extra spices or sweetness and kind of hold their own. So they are perfect for a dessert and I ended up peeling a few pieces and adding them to these cookies. I whipped up these cookies in my food processor in no time at all.

1 cup of quick cook oats
1 cup of smooth almond butter
1 very ripe banana
1/2 cup of peeled sweet potato
2 tsp of baking powder
Sea salt

Add everything to your food processor and process on high. You will have a sticky, creamy food processor full of cookie dough. I used a table spoon to scoop out the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet (spray first with oil). Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a little crisp on the outside and soft inside. Store in an airtight container.

Stay tuned for my sweet potato oatmeal recipe.....