Skip to main content

Spinach and Artichoke Hummus (No Oil)


Whenever I make a recipe, I'm halfway into it before I realize I'm going to blog it. Which means, I don't always have measurements for every since ingredient. I went wild with the nooch in this recipe and it paid off because it tastes amazing....but I don't have an exact amount. So, can I just say "add a ton of nooch?"


I made this recipe without oil because I wanted it to be as low calorie as possible. I'm trying to only snack on things that are low calorie, especially when I get the munchies at night. I ate some of this hummus last night with a carrot and it hit the snack spot. I used unsweetened soy milk instead of oil; if you're not counting calories, use olive oil or 1/2 of an avocado. If you want to make hummus so that you can snack on and not worry about more calories, use milk or even water. I used milk because it's creamier and more flavorful than water. I know, hummus without oil, seems weird but you can make hummus in so many different ways.


I added fresh spinach and steamed artichokes to this recipe to give it additional nutrients and more flavor and subsistence. All I can taste is nooch, though, so that definitely gives this recipe the cool flavor. Trader Joe's sells nooch as does Whole Foods, you can get it on Amazon, it's everywhere now.

1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas
A few leaves of fresh spinach
5-6 steamed artichokes
Lots of nooch
2 tsp of cumin
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp of sea salt 
5 tbsp of unsweetened soy milk


Steam the artichokes if they aren't already cooked. Put everything into your food processor and process on high. Add more milk if you need the hummus to thin out. I eat hummus on salad, I dip carrots and pita bread in it or I use as a sandwich spread.