Skip to main content

Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Icing and my Supper Club


These are super fudgy...so if you like super fudgy, soft brownies, make these. I used pureed organic pumpkin and baked them for at least 30 minutes but they are still fudgy. That's fine with me, by the way! These brownies are a wonderful sweet treat that is also flour-free and can be made with different nut or seed butters. Oh and along with this recipe, I also have my Supper Club announcement!

I'm starting a Munch and Meditate Supper Club at my yoga studio. Why? I miss cooking and I love cooking for people. I started this blog to help people see that vegan food is nutritious and delicious and now I want to meet people in person to show them this. I also have this amazing space in downtown Manhattan that is perfect for gathering people to meditate and eat together. My first Supper Club is February 24th at 7PM at The Yoga Collective. We will meditate together, enjoy a welcome drink and then eat a four course meal that I have prepared with love for you. Check out the Supper Club link to the right of the blog posts. Or click here to get your tickets. I also started a meetup for my Supper Club so join if you wish! So, New Yorkers, I hope to see you at my supper club! I have 8 tickets left; only 10 seats available!


Onto the brownies. I made these last night and I've been snacking on them today; I had a few for breakfast before my 7 mile run. Now I have them in the fridge for when my sweet tooth kicks in. These are pretty low cal except for the maple syrup that I used to sweeten them. All the ingredients are whole and natural and nothing is artificial; I didn't even use baking powder. Whip these up for a lower calorie sweet treat.


1 can of organic pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter or other butter
2 heaping tbsp of cocoa powder
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of maple syrup or coconut sugar

Icing
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 heaping tbsp of cocoa powder
3 tbsp of maple syrup
A few splashes of non dairy milk
Sea salt
Mix by hand



Mix the brownie ingredients in a large bowl by hand until the batter is smooth. Add more of any of the ingredients you wish. Pour the brownie batter into a small square dish and bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees. While the brownies are baking, mix the icing ingredients together by hand until smooth and thick. Set aside. When the brownies are done baking, cool completely before spreading the icing on them. Once you cover the brownies in icing, sprinkle the sea salt on top, cut and serve. Store the remaining brownies in the fridge.