Skip to main content

Dark Chocolate Protein Bites


I think it's pretty obvious that I love chocolate bites. They are wonderful when you want to make something sweet and you don't have alot of time and you want something that will render leftovers. I was home over the weekend and I brought back some food including raisins. I can't say I tend to snack on raisins so I used them for this recipe. Also, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT PROTEIN POWDER! I came home to a brand new container and I'm pretty psyched.


You don't need raisins or dates for this recipe so I'll give you some notes about an alternate way to make these. Why do I love these snacks? 1. they are easy 2. they are quick 3. They require very little ingredients, usually ones you already have in your kitchen 4. they are prefect for a snack or breakfast 5. they are healthy and unprocessed. Make a bunch and store in your fridge. Kids will also love them since they can grab and go. Runners: snack on a few before a run.

1/2 cup of raisins
1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
1 tbsp of hemp seeds
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
3 tbsp of water

Add all the ingredients to your food processor except the water. Process on high. The consistency will be sticky; slowly add the water to make the mixture better able to be made into balls. Add the water slowly, the mixture should get stickier but not wet. Roll into balls, roll in some more hemp seeds if you wish and store in an airtight container in your fridge.


Notes: if you don't have raisins, use dates; if you have neither, use oats and a few nuts. Use this recipe. If you don't have protein powder, use cocoa and add a liquid sweetener like brown rice syrup or coconut palm syrup. Add the sweetener to taste. Instead of water, use 2 tbsp of coconut oil.

Note about protein powder: look for one that has no added sugar and no preservatives. All the ingredients should be ones that you can pronounce and recognize. I love Livwell protein powder.