Skip to main content

Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes


I've had three recipes in my head since coming back to the city after Thanksgiving but I'm low on leafy greens (I know!!) and my new hot chocolate recipe did not photograph well this morning. I have a cool summer roll recipe that I'll post when I stock up on kale. I'm on a sugar detox! My only sugar source has come from dates, other fruit and veggies. I tucked the coconut sugar away and the chocolate chips. I'm also measuring out the fat. I already feel better!


OMG these pancakes are so fluffy and cake-like, I can't even tell you how heavenly these were; you'll just have to make them and find out yourself. They are only 5 ingredients, made with deglet dates as the sole sweetener. I didn't pour maple syrup on them instead opting for a little Earth Balance. It was better than a cream filled donut or a piece of cake...seriously....and I don't need to worry about a blood sugar spike or feeling sluggish after eating them.


I always make my pancakes, baked goods, anything requiring flour with rolled oats. I put them in my food processor and blend until they become flour. I also buy quick oats which are easier to make into flour; I also love them more than regular rolled oats when I make oatmeal. I buy oats, beans and rice in the bulk section of Whole Foods so I can save some money. Buy in bulk when you can!

1 cup of oat flour
1/2 cup of organic pumpkin puree
2 tsp of baking powder
5 deglet dates
3/4 cup of water
1 tbsp of coconut oil (for cooking)
1 tbsp of earth balance butter (for topping)

Combine everything in your food processor until it's a smooth batter. Put the coconut oil in a stainless steel pan and turn the heat on low. Wait until the oil heats up and then pour the batter into the pan. I made 3 pancakes. Wait until the pancake cooks then flip it over. It should come off the pan easily and not leave any batter behind. Cook until the pancake is a golden brown. It will still be cake-like and soft. Top with Earth Balance butter. It's paradise!!

What have you been inspired to make lately? What do you make with vegan butter?

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!

Comments