Skip to main content

Coconut Caramel Bites


I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Emily of This Rawesome Vegan Life. Her blog is mostly raw desserts but she also has lightly cooked recipes and a few bestselling cookbooks. She's my blog inspiration, I always look to her blog and social media for advice and she is super honest and engaging in her blog posts. I can't wait to share this recipe because it's too good not to and I'm just OBSESSED with it!

If you have not read Emily's blog yet you absolutely must. She is witty and honest and writes about her life when she's not typing out an epic recipe. She never ceases to amaze me and I often wonder if she messes up in the kitchen. Emily seems more like a trained chef than a young blogger making recipes; it's amazing to see the recipes she comes up with. Emily talks alot about her life, why she eats a whole foods, plant-based diet, what she is going through in her life-basically whatever is on her mind. She's super real about depression and anxiety as well as sexuality and her body. I love her honesty and of course her recipes and I always find myself checking out her blog on the regular.


Confession: I don't read other people's blogs that much; I just don't always have the time and if I sit down to blog, I'm always doing my own blog post or redoing my website or updating this or that. However, I can see down and read Emily's blog for quite some time; she blogs with feeling and emotion; it's awesome.

Emily's recipes are vibrant colors; she gets great angles when she takes photos, which is why she grabs her audience so well.  Emily is so talented and makes it all look so easy. Can you just check out her blog because I cannot do it justice! Thisrawsomeveganlife

Emily actually adapted her coconut twix recipes from another vegan blogger, The Coconut Goddess. She made them in bar form but I found it easier to make them in a cupcake pan as bites. The best part of this dessert? The caramel middle. Made of dates, coconut oil, and peanut butter, it's an epic rich, decadent gooey center for any dessert. Actually, I plan on making more desserts with that center. I could just eat the caramel right off the spoon. You will love it!

Coconut Caramel Bites

Cookie part
1/2 cup of oat or coconut flour
1/4 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of coconut oil
A few pinches of sea salt

Caramel part
About 8 soaked medjool dates
1/2 cup of peanut butter
3 tbsp of coconut oil
3-4 tbsp of water
A few pinches of sea salt

Chocolate part
Use this recipe


Make the cookie part first. Put everything in your food processor. It should be a slightly crumbly cookie crust. But it should stay together somewhat. Press into a cupcake pan; this recipe made 6 bites so use a 6 count cupcake pan. Then put all of the caramel ingredients in your food processor and process on high. It will be a thick, gooey, sweet and slightly peanut buttery mixture. Scoop the caramel mixture on top of each crust. On your stove, melt the chocolate ingredients then drizzle on top of each bite on top of the caramel. Freeze immediately. Keep frozen overnight.

It should be easy to remove each bite from the cupcake pan when you are ready to eat these. Keep them frozen or after freezing overnight, you can store in the fridge. These are AMAZING!!!!

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!





Comments