Skip to main content

Fluffy, Soft Roasted Potatoes (oil-free)


There is nothing more delish than the perfect potato cut into bite sized pieces, topped with amazing spices and baked. I have been craving pots lately and I made some today, I posted the pic on fb and it got some cool likes. I think that I'm obsessed with potatoes because July 4th is coming up, one of my fav holidays, and I plan on making a ton of potatoes at my mom's lake house for my family. I'm going to make them exactly like I'm going to describe here and I'm going to serve with tahini sauce.

The trick to making fluffy potatoes is to boil them first and even though that takes more prep time, it's worth it. Whenever I order potatoes in restaurants, ones that are roasted, and usually rolled in oil, they are always so perfect. Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside, perfectly spiced...NOM! Tahini sauce can be made at home but I don't do that, I buy it at Trader Joe's.

Onto the recipe! Buy some white or red potatoes or any potato that is your favorite. This recipe is oil free.

3 white potatoes
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of pepper
2 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of red pepper
2 tsp of dill

Wash and cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces. Boil them for 8 minutes in enough water to cover them. Drain the water and put the potato pieces back in the pot and cover or put in a bowl. Cover the potatoes in the spices and lemon juice by mixing or shaking them in the pot. Put on a cookie sheet or parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. The potatoes should be brown. Serve with tahini sauce or ketchup or anything you like!

Hope your summer is going fabulously and that you are fitting in some self care!

Comments