Skip to main content

Chickpea Chocolate Pudding


For chocolate pudding, I usually use avocado but I didn't use them for this recipe and the pudding turned out just as yummy. These started out as brownies but my throat was hurting me so I made pudding. It was so so filling and thick and very yummy. I tried to add as little sugar as possible; I used bananas but also a little coconut sugar. This pudding is high in protein and only created with whole, clean ingredients. It's perfect for babies, adults, kids, everyone!


Instead of the avocado, I used chickpeas, high protein, high fiber, total awesomeness. I don't have ANYTHING against avocado nor am I on a no avocado kick (hell no!) but I had leftover chickpeas and wanted to experiment with them. Like I said before, I wanted to make this batter into brownies, which I may still do, but I was feeling under the weather and only felt like eating pudding. This is a great alternative to chocolate avocado pudding and is just as tasty and nutritious. I sprinkled my pudding with hemp seeds after I scooped it in a bowl. Onto the recipe!

1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
2 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/4 cup of cocoa or cacao powder
1/4 cup of peanut or any nut butter
2 tbsp of coconut sugar


Peel the bananas and add them to your food processor and put in the other ingredients as well. Make sure the bananas are completely processed and the pudding is completely smooth before scooping it out of the food processor. You can let it process for a little while you scrape down the sides so that the pudding is completely smooth. Scoop into a bowl and add any toppings (or none) if you wish.


Notes: you can use less nut butter and eliminate the coconut sugar. You can use an avocado instead of the chickpeas. Top with hemp seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes or anything else that puts a smile on your face.

Want my recipes delivered right to your inbox? Click here to sign up!


Comments