Skip to main content

Pecan Truffles with Hemp Seeds


Another truffle recipe, another sweet to enjoy! I just finished my first plant power workshop and I'm so proud of myself. This is the first workshop I did myself and I accomplished everything I set out to do. We ate, we drank, we made sushi, talked greens and grains and organic produce and we meditated. I can't wait to do another one after the new year.


I have been MIA from the blog since last Friday because this week getting back to the city was hectic. I had a busy work schedule, I was preparing for my workshop, I had a little touch of homesickness and I was physically tired all week. Now I'm relaxing on this glorious NYC night ready to start my weekend. I have two more workshops before Christmas and then I'm home for almost two weeks visiting my family!

I love this time of year but my sweet tooth is always out of control. I served these truffles at my workshop tonight and I wanted to have them on the blog so everyone can enjoy them. These are raw and totally delish.

Pecan truffle recipe:

1/2 cup of raw pecans
2 tbsp of super food and grain mix (Trader Joe's)
5-6 pitted medjool dates
1/4 cup of hemp seeds

Blend everything except the hemp seeds in your food processor until it is a sticky paste. Form into truffles and roll in the hemp seeds and serve.

I also made truffles without dates that were more crumbly and very peanut buttery.

If you don't have dates and want to forgo the nuts, use this recipe:

4 tbsp of peanut butter
1/2 cup of steel cut oats
2 tbsp of coconut sugar

Blend everything in your food processor and form into truffles. Freeze or refrigerate. I crumbled up the truffles and sprinkled over my nana ice cream yesterday. Nom!

Stay tuned for more holiday recipes!

Comments