Skip to main content

Pears with Vanilla Cinnamon Topping


When you are eating raw, the majority of your calories comes from fruit. I bought a ton of fruit, leaning heavily on berries and I also bought my least favorite fruits: apples, pears and oranges. Oranges are a pain in the ass because you have to peel them but apples and pears are just boring. I mean, they are such a snooze. I hate just taking an apple or pear and eating it; it doesn't fill me up and there is nothing exciting about eating either. Maybe I've been eating apples and peanut butter for too many years but...snoooze! So, I decided to make my pears into a dessert and I'm LOVING them now!

For this recipe, the topping is the best; it's vanilla but the dates make it not as white as you would expect; nonetheless it's super yummy and healthy. The topping is the only ingredient you need to whip up and then you just plop on your pear.

First, slice your pear so that you have two halves. Scoop out a little of the center of each half and replace it with half of a date (pit the date and pull it in half). After placing the date on top of the pear in the little scooped out part, you are ready to top it with the vanilla topping.


In your food processor add the following ingredients:

2 cups of raw cashews soaked in warm water for about an hour
6 soft pitted medjool dates
2 tsp of vanilla extract
Juice from 1 lemon
A few splashes of homemade almond milk


Turn your food processor on high and process everything until it is smooth. Scoop a little of the mixture out and put on top of each date filled pear then sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Keep adding the topping to as many pears as you have and put the unused portion in an airtight container and place in your fridge. Serve these pears at your next dinner party or BBQ or just eat them yourself!


You can replace the cashews with coconut cream. Once again, the stars of the show are the dates! Is there any dessert recipe that you CAN'T use dates? Dates are a raw foodie's dream come true because they are the perfect sweetener and they are a whole food. Now I will have to find a cool, awesome way to use apples in a raw dessert. Any thoughts?

If you love my recipes, click here to sign up to have my recipes delivered right to your inbox!

Comments