Skip to main content

Lentil and Seitan Cabbage Wraps


It's been a while! How has the new year been for you? I have not been working on recipes so I took a break from here but I do have some life updates. I went back into the social work field and I'm working towards my clinical social work license. I plan on eventually having a private therapy practice where I combine my clinical skills with my meditation and mindfulness training. The future is looking bright!

So, January was busy with building up my client cases and teaching my 15 hour online meditation training (join us in March!) and working with private meditation clients. But I do have a new cabbage wrap recipe. Have you cooked alot so far this year? What about baking, are you still quarantine baking? Don't forget about my ebook!

This recipe is simple but it's a recipe you can immerse yourself in with spices and oil and lots of protein. You can't go wrong with cabbage either, they make great wraps and are great when you want to increase your veggie intake.

1/4 cup of cooked lentils

1 serving of seitan

3 cabbage leaves

1/2 cup of steamed broccoli or kale, chopped

1/4 cup of onions

2 cloves of fresh garlic

2 tsp of cumin

Sea salt to taste

1 tbsp of sunflower oil

Topping: hummus or goddess dressing

Optional filling: 1-2 red potatoes, steamed and spiced


Cook your lentils until soft. I put mine in a rice cooker. Make a few servings so you can store some in the fridge. Steam your kale and/or broccoli.


Peel off 3 cabbage leaves and wash. Place in a pan on your stove, turn the heat on low and cover until the leaves become soft. Sprinkle some sea salt and cumin on the leaves. In another pan, add the sunflower oil, garlic, spices, chopped onions, lentils and seitan. Mix in the kale or broccoli after they are steamed. Mix and heat everything until it's a delicious filling. Transfer the leaves to a plate and scoop the filling on a cabbage leaf. Roll up the cabbage, top with hummus or dressing and nosh.



Comments