Skip to main content

Creamy Sweet Potato Carrot Soup

This sweet potato carrot soup came about because I steamed way too many sweet potatoes at once. Did you ever batch cook and then realize you made too much at once? I see you! But now I'm completely fine with having alot of sweet potato (and carrots) because this soup is fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that I had two bowls today. What I love about sweet potato is the flavor stands up by itself and doesn't require alot of spices. Your kids will love this soup too so read on!

I had a few sweet potatoes already steamed when I made this soup so I just needed to steam a big carrot. After that, I whipped out my nutribullet and I had soup for breakfast (and lunch!) in no time. I paired the soup with a pumpkin bagel. Yeah, I love October!

2 cups of steamed sweet potato pieces (I did not peel the sweet potato)

1 big carrot, chopped and steamed

1.5 cup of non dairy milk (I used unsweetened soy milk)

2 tsp of sea salt

3 tsp of pumpkin pie spice

2 tsp of cumin

Preparation first: Chop and steam 2-3 sweet potatoes and 1 big carrot. No peeling needed unless this is your preference. Store in a glass container until ready to make this soup.

Place the 2 cups of steamed sweet potato and 1 steamed carrot in your food processor with the milk and spices and blend well. The soup will be thick but creamy and should keep blending in whatever blender you are using. I used a nutribullet which only does well blending liquids and this soup did great. Keep blending until super creamy and thick. I blended the soup until I could not see any of the potato skin pieces. 

Scoop all or some of the soup into a small saucepan and turn the heat on low. Stir the soup until it is equally hot and then pour into a bowl to serve. I ate with a bagel. You can also top with pumpkin seeds or walnuts.

Want to get a big box of organic veggies and fruit delivered right to your door? That also includes pantry add-ons like oats, snacks and dried fruit? Use my Misfits Market code for 25% off your first order COOKWME-YJ5BBF

Comments