Skip to main content

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Bars


Sorry for the lack of posts-this blog has been on the back burner as life has happened this past month and a half. I haven't been inspired to make recipes-actually dessert recipes since this blog is pretty focused on that so I haven't logged on. But I just made these amazing bars last night after I made dinner for my friend and I and by the time I was finished it was pretty late. It didn't take long to make these, though, and then you just leave them in the fridge to set.

I've been eating so healthy lately, lots of protein and well balanced meals. It's amazing how much more in control of my eating I feel, I feel more satisfied after I eat and I concentrate more on how the food is going to fuel my body versus how good it tastes. I don't deny myself anything-I still eat bread, I just don't eat as much of it. I love tofu in the morning with lots of greens and some bread. I've also picked up more weights and concentrate on strength training almost daily-I love testing the limits to what I can lift. I bought a 30lb barbell which I use alot along with a 25lb kettlebell and resistance bands. Anyway, stay tuned to my Instagram to follow my recipes and fitness journey.


This recipe has three layers so make the cookie layer, then caramel and then chocolate. I cheated and just melted dairy free chocolate chips for the top layer. I used my food processor for the cookie layer.

Cookie layer
2 cups of oat flour
1 cups dates soaked in hot water
1 tbsp of coconut oil

Caramel layer
1/3 cup of peanut butter
3 tbsp of coconut oil
1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses

Chocolate layer
Melt dairy free chocolate
Or use this recipe

Soak the dates in hot water then drain them and put them and all the cookie ingredients in your food processor. Add 1 cup of oat flour first then add more if you want more of a crust-like cookie. Add some warm water if you want the cookie layer softer and more like cookie dough. Press into a small square pan.


Heat the caramel layer ingredients in a small pan and pour over the cookie layer. Put the dish in the freezer while you make the chocolate layer. Pour the chocolate over the caramel layer then refrigerate overnight. Slice in the morning and enjoy. Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.