Skip to main content

5 Ingredient Pumpkin Cheesecake Slices


How appropriate that I'm writing this recipe on the first day of what finally feels like fall. My fingers are a little chilly and I found myself walking purposely in the sun as I was out and about around the city today. What a fabulous change from yesterday, which was way too humid for October. It looks like the extended forecast says that fall is sticking around. 


I love this recipe. I was originally going to roll these slices into bites but using cashews and not having dates was making that a little bit of a challenge so I made these into cheesecake slices. If you want to add a 6th ingredient (1 cup of soaked medjool dates), please do so. You can also use vegan cream cheese instead of the cashews (which is a great alternative for those of you who are nut-free).


If you use dates or cream cheese, you will have a thicker batter and will be able to roll the batter into bites. Store them in an airtight container in the freezer just like you would with these slices. This recipe took me a second to whip up-the longest part is waiting for them to firm up in the freezer.

1 cup of soaked cashews
3/4 cup of raw almond butter
1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
2-3 tbsp of coconut sugar
2 tbsp of pumpkin spice

Soak the cashew in warm water for 1-2 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse them. Combine all the above ingredients in your food processor and process until a smooth batter forms. Taste and add more coconut sugar if needed. Scoop into bar molds and freeze. Serve right out of the freezer. My bar molds made 6 cheesecake slices.

Enjoy this beautiful weather, people on the East Coast! Finally the leaves look like they are changing and it's jacket weather. This weekend I'm going to change out my summer clothes for winter clothes and donate a bunch of clothes I don't wear. My local farmers market takes so many donations-not only my food scraps for compost but also clothing and shoes donations and battery/small appliance collection. Don't forget to donate your textiles whenever you can!






Comments