Skip to main content

4 Ingredient Sweet Potato Oatmeal


This 4 ingredient oatmeal is full of nutrients, fiber and potassium for a wonderful start to your day. You can add more ingredients as I'm giving you the base recipe. No extra sweetener is needed.


This ended up a pretty epic breakfast. It takes a little more preparation than just straight oatmeal but you can steam your sweet potato the night before to save yourself some time. What's awesome about this oatmeal is no extra sweetener is needed; just the sweet potato! I love quick cook oats, by the way, but they are not required. I love quick cook oats because they are already broken down and easier to cook. They are also easier to make into oat flour.

I steamed my sweet potato in the morning before I made this recipe and made my oatmeal as the sweet potato was pretty much done. I also peeled it but of course this isn't a requirement. The result is pretty epic. It's smooth and sweet and very filling. Fee free to add any toppings you wish; some great spices would be cinnamon and nutmeg. I'm so obsessed with sweet potatoes lately. They are so awesome in pretty much anything but I love them with greens and rice.

Summer is in full swing! I don't love humidity but summer is relaxing and chill. Also, it means fall is right around the corner. Fall is absolutely my favorite! So, if you end up loving these sweet potato recipes (this and the previous cookies), you can make them into the fall. Onto the recipe!

1/2 cup of quick cook oats
1/2 big sweet potato or 1 small sweet potato, chopped and steamed
1/2 cup of non dairy milk
1 tbsp of almond butter

Steam your sweet potato. Once you can get a fork through the pieces of the potato, transfer to a bowl and peel the sweet potato. Make the oats. Pour your milk into a small pan and heat on medium. Add the oats and stir until the oats bubble and become thick. Transfer the steamed sweet potato and oatmeal to your food processor and process on high. The oats will become thinner and turn a pretty orange color. Transfer to a bowl and add the almond butter. Serve.

Notes: experiment with different non dairy milks. I made these oats with coconut milk. I also love cashew milk-actually I love pretty much all non dairy milk! You can also add pumpkin instead of the sweet potato.