Skip to main content

Coconut Flax Granola


I just got back from a trip to Whole Foods and while I was there I was hanging out in front of some granola that was on sale, pondering whether or not I should get it. I then thought of the oats I still had at home and I thought, oh yeah I can make granola. I love granola in yogurt, which I plan on having for lunch. So, now that I'm home, there is granola in the oven and omg it smells great!


I made the granola pretty light and simple, choosing to omit nut butter. I added some amazing, nutritious ingredients and some maple syrup and that was it. This took a second to whip up. Granola is awesome for just about anything, top your yogurt with it, take a handful in a bag for a snack, put on top of ice cream, eat as cereal with milk, it's a great source of energy and you can add any healthy ingredient you wish. You can experiment with the sweetener as well so feel free to use brown rice syrup or agave instead of maple syrup. I just love maple syrup! So, use my recipe here as a base and add more ingredients. Also, add a nut or seed butter if you want added protein.


1 cup of quick cook oats
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of flaxseeds
1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tbsp of cacao nibs

Hang mix everything in a medium sized bowl until the maple syrup coats all of the ingredients. Spray a cookie sheet with oil and spread the granola evenly onto the cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until the granola is slightly brown. Cool and serve.