Skip to main content

Superfood Fudge


Hey hey, sorry for the longish time in between posts. After the craziness of the holidays, I settled back in the city and then dove right into new year yoga business tasks and planned my first Supper Club. What is my supper club, you ask? Read on, I'm so excited!


I follow a few accounts on Instagram and the people who run then do supper clubs; they are in the UK so not sure if supper club is a UK term but there are some cool supper clubs in NYC too. Anyway, they are essentially a private dinner party and I thought...omg I have a yoga studio and I miss cooking so I could totally do this. I'm calling my supper club Munch and Meditate because I'm going to be doing a short meditation before dinner. My dinners will be vegan (always) with 4 different courses and they will be at my yoga studio in downtown Manhattan. My goal in doing this is to build community, invite people to eat at a place other than a restaurant and to share my love for cooking plant-based food with other New Yorkers. I also want to bring meditation and food together as they are two activities that we do with mindfulness (or we try to) and give people a chance to meet new people and make new friends.


I did a trial run of my supper club Friday night with a few friends and it went so well. They gave me wonderful feedback and made me realize how lucky I am to have people who support me and love what I do. So, if you are in the NYC area and want to join my supper club, stayed tuned for my next one. I'll be posting the date and menu soon!

I served this superfood fudge as one of the desserts for my supper club and it was delish-it has a different taste but I still think it's tasty. It includes maca powder and turmeric so if you like or are open to trying those flavors, you will like this fudge.

1 cup of non dairy milk (I use vanilla soy)
2-3 heaping tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tbsp of coconut oil
Maple syrup or brown rice syrup to taste
1 tsp of maca powder
1 tsp of turmeric
Walnuts
Sea salt


Add the milk and cocoa powder to a small pan and stir well. Add the sweetener and coconut oil and keep stirring. Keep the heat on low and just keep stirring; the chocolate will thicken and you want all the cocoa powder to mix evenly. You will see the chocolate darken as the cocoa powder mixes well. As the mixture darkens and thickens, add the turmeric and maca powder; keep the heat on low. It's important to keep stirring. Once the ingredients are mixed well, turn off the heat and let the fudge cool a little bit. Give it a few more mixes and then pour into bar molds. Top each bar with a few walnuts and sea salt. Pop in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight and then serve.

Notes: it was humid during my supper club and the fudge did melt so serve not long after you take it out of the freezer. Experiment with different super foods. Add chia seeds, matcha powder, goji berry powder or your favorite vegan protein powder. Just make sure you mix everything well and there are no clumps.

Some of the picture above show my caramel bars. That recipe is here.