Skip to main content

Red Bean Brownies


People on my mailing list already received this lovely recipe in their inbox so if you wanna join, click above and get my newsletter! These bean brownies were fudgy and gooey and totally delicious. They are that kind of dessert you drool over in pictures. I think I may have slightly undercooked them when I tested this recipe but they ended up completely fine and something I definitely would have served to others. Besides, I've never heard anyone complain about brownies being too gooey?!


I still have a cough and I haven't done much socially but surprisingly I got in all my workouts this past week. I love all the free workouts on Facebook, trainers that help you out by posting daily videos of HIIT workouts or strength training. I really need a swift kick in the butt to do weights, anything having to do with muscle building and repetition really bores me and I need to always change it up. Emily Skye has easy but not easy workouts that I've been gravitating towards. She combines just 4 easy moves but you're supposed to do them for 6-8 rounds. That's alot and I end up so sweaty and a little sore. I did one of her core workouts and the sweat was just pouring off me, they weren't even super difficult moves but she knows how to combine them! Betty Rocker is also another awesome personal trainer that has a free 30 day challenge and then she sends you a few free workouts here and there plus recipes.


If abs are made in the kitchen I'm screwed because I make foods like these brownies. These ingredients are healthy and I could totally be eating way worse but I should be eating kale, truth be told. Oh well, making desserts with beans is so cool, high fiber, high protein and the bulk of beans makes a great flour substitute. I'm not even going to be mad at myself for eating these in two days.

I soaked the beans overnight, I'm not sure if kidney beans needs to be soaked but I end up soaking them. I rinsed them the next morning, cooked them and then made the brownies. I also made a healthy curry dinner recipe with them too so maybe I'll pass that on at some point. Before I go off on a tangent about curry and coconut milk, let me give you this brownie recipe.


1 cup of red (kidney) beans
1/2 cup of oats
2 tbsp of peanut butter or any nut butter
3 heaping tbsp of coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of cocoa powder
1/4 cup of chocolate chips



Combine everything except the chocolate chips in your food processor and process well. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand. If the batter is too thick, add more water. Coat a brownie pan (8x8) with coconut oil and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. I baked mine for 15ish minutes and they weren't totally done in the middle but they still ended up a brownie. You can eliminate the nut butter. This recipe made about 10 brownies.


Comments