Skip to main content

Mixed Seed Protein Bars


I set up a delivery of Graze snacks, has anyone heard of Graze.com? You set up a payment and a schedule and they deliver delicious snacks right to your door. You can specify what kind of snacks you want based on your dietary needs It's cool. Anyway, I ate one of their protein flapjacks and it was so delish I made a similar one. I love protein bars-their chewiness, the energy they give, the sweetness and filling feeling you get after enjoying one. They are so easy to make at home that it doesn't make sense to buy them.


Also from Graze, I had a small container of mixed seeds which I used for this recipe-sunflower, pumpkin and flax. I don't normally buy seeds, something I need to change because they are amazing in taste and nutrition, so I love when I have seeds in my kitchen. I haven't been buying dates because I will just binge on them and they are alot of calories and sugar-good sugar but sugar nonetheless. When I have dates, I need to make recipes with them so this worked out fabulously. These protein bars are perfect for any occasion-breakfast, a snack or just pop a piece in your mouth when you're having a sweet craving.


15 dates, pitted
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of seeds, mixed or one kind

Pit and soak the dates in hot water for about 5 minutes. Put all ingredients except the seeds in your food processor and process on high. Transfer to a bowl and hand mix in the seeds with a fork. The mixture will be sticky. Press the mixture in a bread loaf bowl and refrigerate. When ready to eat, cut into bars, the recipes makes about 7 bars. Only 5 are pictured here because I ate two right after making this 😃

Join my mailing list!!





Comments