Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites


I made these for my meditation class. I usually make my bites with a dried fruit and nuts but I didn't have enough of either ingredients so I used another ingredient in my kitchen: chickpeas! This recipe makes an incredibly healthy and delicious cookie that is no bake and very easy to make. You can bake these cookies if you choose but I did not and they ended up just as tasty. I had chocolate chips in my pantry, which I never have, so I wanted to use them in a recipe. My meditation group loved the bites, which of course made me happy!


I feel so out of sync with my running and mainly life in general lately. I'm finding it difficult to update this blog because I haven't had too much to say lately. I haven't been following a consistent run schedule which has rendered me feeling tired and sore after I run. There are weeks where I take a few days break in between runs and that is not helping me. I'm home now visiting my family (it was my birthday on Thursday so I went home with my mom after she visited me) so I'm going to a local park to run 11 miles tomorrow, once I do that, I will feel so much better. Did you ever feel super out of sync and tired with your life? Like you need to get your mojo back? Ugh that is my life lately.


When I get in these moods, I feel it's important to remember what is important in life. I came home to spend time with my family, to see how quickly my niece is growing up and today was just the best day. My little niece is almost 10 months but she's already walking and she's babbling, she has adorable facial expressions and smiles all the time and is just a joy to be around. When you feel down, it's best to surround yourself with positive people, people who support you and make you feel comfortable. I love coming home and spending time with family and friends; I love NYC so much and I feel grateful to have two places that I love and that I can call home.

My neck and shoulders are currently in pain because I slept wrong last night and I can't turn my head to the left. However nothing is going to stop me from going running tomorrow! I'm really excited to bang out an awesome run and get my confidence back. Onto this recipe! Grab your food processor and get to work.

Recipe:

1 cup of cooked chickpeas
4 tbsp of maple syrup
2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
2 tbsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of dairy free chocolate trips

I rinsed and cooked chickpeas for this recipe so make sure you make at least 2 cups of chickpeas (uncooked). In order for the chocolate chips not to melt, you will need to rinse your chickpeas in cold water before you make the cookie dough. The chocolate chips melted in my first batch because I didn't rinse the chickpeas but I cooled them off for my second batch. Once the chickpeas are cooked and cooled, blend all the ingredients in your food processor except the chocolate chips. Make sure all of the ingredients are blended; the mixture will look just like cookie dough. Hand mix in the chocolate chips then roll into bites. Refrigerate until serving. I froze the bites because I made them the night before and they were perfect when I served them. This recipe is high in protein and fiber and not too heavy on the sugar.

Thank you to all who entered my maple water contest, I will be picking a winner soon. Feel free to leave a comment with your favorite plant based product or company. I love seeing plant based products fly off the shelf.


Comments