Skip to main content

Apricot Almond Butter Smoothie


Apricots are in season now and I just bought a whole bunch at Trader Joe's. I love munching on them as is but this morning I made a smoothie; sometimes recipes just pop into my head and this one did just that last night. It came to me when I came back from a night out with my BFF, it was a real NYC evening, we walked from the West Village all the way uptown, through the beautiful, lit up streets of this magnificent city. 

We stopped at my yoga studio and I showed my friend some poses, we chatted about being business owners, we listened to music and just enjoyed being in the greatest city ever (and the best yoga studio!) Then we walked some more and stopped for a falafel sandwich at Pitopia...like yum! Who doesn't love falafel?? Then finally we got home and I just thought of this recipe. I'm leaving to go home for a week and I wanted to use my apricots in a recipe with my leftover oat milk. So here I am! This is yummy and refreshing and I added a spice that you wouldn't think would go great in this recipe; however it worked well!

           


Recipe:

2 apricots (they can be frozen)
8 oz of non dairy milk (I used oat, coconut would make it super creamy)
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of turmeric
2 tbsp of almond butter
A few ice cubes (if the apricots aren't frozen)

Blend everything in your high speed blender until everything is smooth. Serve in your favorite glass or mason jar! Buy organic apricots if you can. To make it nut-free, use sunflower seed butter. Freeze the apricots to avoid using ice cubes. Add chia seeds for an extra boost of energy.

What in season fruits are you loving? Love this recipe? Click here to sign up to have my recipes delivered to your inbox :)

Comments