Skip to main content

Spotlight on Local Plabt-Based Business: Raw Revolution


Yay it's Friday!  I'm going to spend the weekend savoring Christmas in New York City because it's going fast!  What have you done thus far to savor this holiday season?


I was sent a few protein bars from the wonderful people at Raw Revolution, a company that makes raw, certified organic protein bars.  They sent me a few different flavors and asked me to try them; they were delicious (I wish I still had some :))

These protein bars are made with natural ingredients such as dates, nuts, superfoods and coconut oil and are 80-100% raw.  Raw Revolution sent me the following flavors:

Creamy Peanut Butter and Sea Salt
Almond Butter Cup
Mixed Nuts Caramel and Sea Salt
Spiralina Dream
Chocolate Coconut Bliss

I had no favorites...they were all so delicious.  I ate them as a meal replacement bar as they have very dense nutrition, a fair amount of calories and they kept me full. I also ate one before a run so athletes take note; you can add another protein bar to your pre-workout routine.  They taste like a cookie dough consistency but they are not too sweet.  I kept mine refrigerated simply because I enjoy my protein bars cold but these are perfectly delicious at room temperature as well.  Note: I upgraded my phone so I don't have pictures of the bars unwrapped.  But as noted above, they resemble bars of cookie dough; the spiralina dream is green due to the spiralina color.

The bars are vegan (made in a vegan facility), kosher, organic, gluten free and they contain a few superfoods such as spiralina, wheatgrass and unprocessed cocoa.  The Spiralina Dream and Golden Cashew flavors are the only true raw flavors but the rest of the bars are not processed and no ingredients are heated.

Raw Revolution's website is incredibly informative if you have questions or want to meet the Raw Rev team.  You can purchase their bars online or in alot of stores around the country.  I searched under store locator for locations in New York City and PA, where I'm from, and the Raw Rev bars are sold in a ton of places.  The GLO bars in the photo above will be available in 2015.


As for recipes, I will have new ones next week and, of course, I have a bunch of dessert recipes to share when the holidays roll around in a few weeks.  Here is a vanilla pudding recipe for your weekend!

Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding:

2 scoops of vanilla protein powder or 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp of chia seeds
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp of maple syrup, if needed

Blend everything except the chia seeds in your food processor.  Note: if you're using the vanilla extract, you may not need the maple syrup because your pudding will be runnier.  The banana and vanilla should give the pudding the sweet taste it needs.  You can also soak two medjool dates, after you pit them, and add those to your food processor if you need more sweet taste.  Once the pudding is made, spoon into a bowl and add your chia seeds.  Refrigerate for 20 minutes and then serve.

For those of you who are doing the 25 day meditation challenge with me, how are you feeling?  Since it is day 5, look for changes in your sleep quality and stress level; they should be improving a little bit!  Leave a comment here or on facebook as to how you're feeling.  Have a fabulous weekend!!


Comments