Skip to main content

Vegetable Bean Soup


Crisp days and chilly nights just scream for a bowl of soup.  I love an easy veggie soup made with just water or low sodium veggie broth.  This is a great way to try a new veggie and just chop away at your greens to make a huge bowl of antioxidants.  I asked my facebook page fans yesterday what their favorite soup recipes are and I got a huge response!  My mouth was watering reading everyone's favorite soups and I plan on making some of them.


Making veggie soup is easy and very low calorie.  I ate alot of raw food over the summer and now that the weather is cooling, it's still possible to get all my fruits and veggies in when using the stove. For veggie soup, I usually just use filtered water as the broth with plenty of spices.  Rosemary, thyme and basil are great spices to use for soup.  I also use garlic powder, ginger powder and lemon pepper.


Vegetable Soup:

1 cup of fresh organic spinach
1 sweet potato
1 cup of organic broccoli and carrot slaw
1 sweet red pepper
1 cup of cannellini beans (or any beans)
2 1/2 cups of filtered water or veggie broth
Spices: oregano, basil, lemon pepper, cumin, thyme

Boil water in a medium pot and chop the veggies while the water boils.  Add all the veggies and spices to the pot and keep the heat on low.  Cover and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes. Test the sweet potato to see if it is soft and then remove the soup from the heat.  Serve and enjoy :)

Don't limit your soup consumption to just dinner or lunch....it's wonderful to start your day with some veggie soup.  It's warming and packed with nutrients to help you get going in the morning.

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...