Skip to main content

Sundried Tomato Hummus


I was at a loss as to what to have for dinner last night and I found my gaze wandering to my cartons of Whole Foods beans.  I pulled out garbanzo beans and went to town on some sundried tomato hummus.  I thought of adding the sundried tomatoes at the last minute.


Hummus has always been a huge experiment for me because I don't want it to be watery but I also don't want it to be dry.  My ideal hummus is light and fluffy but I haven't perfected that consistency yet.  The main ingredients for hummus always include chickpeas (of course!), fresh lemon juice, fresh garlic, sea salt and olive oil.  I dipped a carrot and some whole wheat pitas into the hummus and that was pretty much my dinner. Very filling and tasty...and easy!  All you need is a food processor.  You will definitely have leftovers with this recipe if you're making for one.  Without further delay, here is the recipe:

2 tbsp of olive oil
1 carton (or can) or garbanzo beans
2 cloves of fresh garlic
Jucie from one small lemon
Sea salt to taste
1/3 cup of sundried tomatoes
Filtered water.

Put the beans in your strainer and rinse thoroughly.  Transfer to your food processor.  Add the olive oil and fresh lemon juice and process on high.  Add in the garlic and sea salt and add some water if you need to thin out the hummus.  Add the water slowly and sparingly.  Add the sundried tomatoes last.  If you need more tomatoes because you love them, add more.  Taste the hummus and add anything else that you feel is missing. That's it....it's that simple :)  This recipe is great to whip up for a party; I'm certain your guests will love it!  Visit my Instagram for a ton of vegan recipes!  IG: thefabulousvegan

Stay tuned for my next ebook....mason jar recipes :)  Yum and so cute!


Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...