Skip to main content

Sweet Potato and Avocado Salad


Eating a variety of colors is essential to a healthy diet. Buy as many veggies as you can and combine different flavors and colors. Tonight I made what I thought was a weird combination of veggies but the taste was insane. I love my sweet veggies and I love combining veggies. Tonight was sweet potato, sweet pepper and an avocado spread. I tossed in some garbanzo beans for protein.
Steam your sweet potato. Cut it up in chunks and steam it until you can put a fork through all the pieces.

Cut up a sweet pepper so you can add it to the potato.
Avocado spread: 1/2 of an avocado, lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tsp olive oil, water to thin out. Put all ingredients in your food processor and process on high. Use as a dressing for your veggies.
Toss all veggies and the beans together. I started by filling my plate with the sweet potato pieces and, then the pepper, beans and topped everything with the avocado spread. It was delish!

Comments

  1. See-you think like I do. The more colors the better. I even add blueberries to "dinner." And garbanzos are my 'go to' bean.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...