Skip to main content

Vanilla Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding


Pumpkin is so delicious. It's especially delicious in this recipe. You can taste the vanilla flavor but I love the pumpkin flavor bursting through. I had this for breakfast today and it was a super simple recipe.

Checking in....how are you? NYC just closed down indoor dining again and I feel for the restaurants that are already struggling. It's normal to feel a huge array of emotions when thinking about the shutdowns: we know it's being done for the health of people because of numbers climbing but at the same time it's destroying small businesses. The best we can do is order takeout and call restaurants directly for delivery. I don't get takeout alot (as a food blogger and someone on a budget, I cook, as you can see!), but I have ordered a delicious vegan pizza from a local pizzeria lately and I just went outdoor dining on Saturday night. Let's do what we can to support local.


With that being said, yes I wanted a huge bagel from my local cafe but I made this pudding instead! I brought back cans of pumpkin from Thanksgiving and wanted to make that the flavor of this dish. Are you already familiar with chia pudding? It's fun to add different flavors and toppings. 

2 tbsp of chia seeds

3/4 cup of non dairy milk (I used soy)

1/2 cup of organic pumpkin puree

1 scoop of vanilla protein powder

2 tbsp of hemp seeds (optional)

Combine the chia seeds and milk and mix in a small bowl. Put the bowl in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes to let the chia seeds soak up the milk. Take out of the fridge and mix in the pumpkin and protein powder. Mix completely until everything is smooth. Top with hemp seeds. if you wish.


Notes: the protein powder is optional if you don't have it or don't want to use it but it acts as a sweetener. If you don't use protein powder, you can add vanilla extract and maple syrup. Use less milk if doing this.




Comments