Skip to main content

Chocolate Caramel Slices


I made these last week and put the recipe in my social media caption and everyone went nuts. My Instagram and Fb blog page lit up and I got a ton of comments and likes. They are super delish and a great dessert to make to impress your friends. I love making caramel with dates and nut butter-this is the best part of these bars!


Sorry I haven't been updating the blog alot but I think this is just how it's going to be. I'm super busy with my yoga studio and I haven't been making new recipes or recipes that I think are worth sharing. I've been kind of lazy in the kitchen so let me find my inspiration again and I'll update this blog alot more. I'm also training for the NYC marathon so much of my eating is going to be boring bowls of protein and veggies. But don't worry, when I make an epic recipe, it will be going right here!


Make the base first:
7 soaked medjool dates
1 cup of pecans
2 heaping tbsp of cocoa. 
Blend until it's a crumbly crust

Caramel: 
9 soaked medjool dates
1 cup of peanut butter
1/3 cup of non dairy milk
Add the milk slowly
Spread on top of the crust

Chocolate topping
Melt dark dairy-free chocolate. Cool then pour on top of the caramel. Freeze for 30-60 minutes then cut and enjoy.

These are a great dessert to make and then freeze for when you feel a craving come on or want to make a dessert ahead of time. I would keep them in the freezer until right before you serve them because they can eventually melt.