Skip to main content

Creamy Pumpkin Spice Latte


I visited my family over the weekend and I made this for myself and it was the bomb. You don't need pumpkin for this recipe if you don't happen to have it so just pull out the cinnamon and nutmeg. This is a very warming, wakeful drink as it contains spices and coffee. My current fascination is the cold brew coffee from Trader Joe's. You find it in the coffee aisle but once you open it, you store it in the fridge. This recipe is a hot latte recipe as it's autumn and crisp and beautiful outside; warm drinks are an absolute necessity right now.

I just ran 11 miles, more specifically the last 11 miles of the NYC marathon, which is in two weeks and which I am going to happily and nervously run. It was epic. The weather was super chilly and brisk and there I was, running through Manhattan and the Bronx and feeling so damn lucky. The running community blows me away. Everyone knows each other, everyone supports each other and encourages each other. I am just so fortunate to live here.


It's so cool to make homemade coffees at home because you don't need to spend a ton of money on lattes throughout the week. Just buy these ingredients and make this whenever you want. It's a great time to stock up on warming spices too since the temperature is plummeting and we all want to be cozy, warm and relaxed during this time of year. I love fall and winter; that may make me strange but I don't mind when it's cold outside.

1 cup of light coconut milk (use BPA-free canned coconut milk)
6 oz of coffee
1 tbsp of pumpkin spice
1 tbsp of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of pureed organic pumpkin (optional)


Pour the milk into a small pan and turn the heat on medium. Add the other ingredients and stir often. Turn off the heat when the latte is hot enough. You can use maple syrup instead of coconut sugar. Use any milk you wish but I prefer the creaminess of canned coconut milk. Use the pumpkin if you have it but the spices do the trick.

I drank this with these. I just bought baking and candy molds and I used the bar mold for these instead of the cupcake pan. So awesome. The bars also photographed REALLY well too.


Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!



Comments