Skip to main content

Pasta with Sweet Pepper Turmeric Sauce


I guess I can't call everything mac and cheese even though the color of my sauce is always orange/yellow. Mac and cheese sauce is thick and creamy and more cheesier than this particular sauce but if you want to say it's a variation of mac and cheese sauce, then go for it. It definitely has a sweet pepper/lemon taste that is incredibly savory so if you wanna try something new, try this. You can super spice it up or not and the color is so vibrant that you should take a picture if you make this. Two recipes in one day....I'm on fire!


Sauces are a great way to get uber amounts of nutrients in such an easy way....in fact any liquid is an easy way to eat healthy...sauces, smoothies, dressings, juices, you can make them with your favorite veggies or nuts and not really feel like you are eating veggies or nuts. Sauces are a fun variation on just eating some greens for dinner. My Cuisinart food processor makes these sauces that much more awesome; I do not know what I would do without it. I am so in love with this sauce and I know you will like it too.

I bought a bag of little sweet peppers that I used for this recipes and I used about 5 of them. If you buy big sweet peppers, use just one. Or use 1/2 of an orange and 1/2 of a yellow or red one. Buy organic if you can and wash them well before you throw them into your food processor. Did I mention you will love this sauce? The only thing I didn't add which can give this sauce an even bigger kick is a pinch of hot pepper. Do this if you are a spicy freak; I don't HAVE to have the hot pepper flavor so I was good without it. This recipe is no oil and dairy-free; it is also no fat and PACKED with antioxidants and nutrients. I think I like orange/yellow sauces because I can add my buddy turmeric.


5 small sweet peppers or 1-1 1/2 big ones, washed
Juice from 1/2 big lemon
3 tsp of turmeric
2 tbsp of hemp seeds
1 tbsp of sea salt
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic 
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (nooch)
A few splashes of filtered water
6-7 organic cherry tomatoes

Cut up your sweet peppers into smaller pieces and place in your food processor. Add the lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, nooch, sea salt and turmeric and have some water ready. Turn your processor on high and add the water slowly. Add more water if you want to thin the sauce out. I added red, orange and yellow peppers and my sauce became a deep orange color. Keep processing until everything is blended. Taste the sauce and add more of whatever you think it needs.


Make pasta according to the package. Drain it and transfer the pasta back to the pot it was cooking in. Pour the sweet pepper sauce into the pot and mix well. Add in the cherry tomatoes; I cut them all in half and mixed them. Serve immediately. Sprinkle some nooch on top.

Filled with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein and low on the fat, this sauce is savory and fun to eat. It's perfect if you're trying to lose some weight or keep your fat consumption low. I get on these nut/coconut kicks and consume way too much fat even though it's good fat. It's ok to take some time off from it.

Variations: you can add carrots and butternut squash. If you want a creamier sauce, use non dairy milk instead of water. Add hot pepper or other spices. The nooch is optional but if you haven't tried it yet, go for it!

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!

Comments