Skip to main content

Chickpeas with Creamy Carrot Sauce


I only really buy carrots when I want to make a sauce out of them, usually my mac and cheese sauce but this time I made a carrot, garlicky sauce that was creamy. The base is the same as my mac and cheese sauce but it's not as many ingredients and spices. And instead of pouring over pasta I poured over some chickpeas that I just made from scratch. Today I added steamed kale, some leftover lentils and fresh, just bought onion from the farmers's market.


Today and tomorrow I am dog sitting and now I'm just sitting on the couch with the dogs blogging. I also went to a peaceful vigil outside of a poultry store (with LIVE animals-so sad) and we held up signs, distributed vegan mac and cheese and handed out literature to anyone who would take it. Peacefully, quietly promoting veganism while socializing with organizers and super, caring animal rights activists. And now...vegan pizza!!!


When you make this sauce, pour it all over everything. Spice it up as you see fit, buy a bunch of carrots and make a big bowl of sauce and save for later. It's a great way to get your beta carotene and all the yummy goodness that carrots are bursting with so make alot and add it to all of your dishes.

3 large organic carrots, steamed
1 1/2 cups of unsweetened non dairy milk
2 cloves of fresh garlic
2 tsp of sea salt
2 tsp of pepper

Cut up your carrots into small pieces and steam them until you can get a fork through them. Pour the milk into your food processor, add the carrots and the rest of the ingredients and process on high. If the sauce is too thick, add more milk. Pour over pasta, veggies, beans, rice, whatever you wish. Add a few more of your favorite ingredients and make it a dipping sauce.

Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!


Comments