Skip to main content

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites


Halloween!!! I love Halloween so I had to make a recipe, of course! Since I changed my blog name, I swear, I have thought of more recipes and taken more food pics then I have in the last few weeks! It feels great to rock out in the kitchen again and my theme for this weekend is dessert. I have thought non stop about raw desserts lately so I made a grocery list and ran to Trader Joe's. Tomorrow my yoga studio is hosting a running and Halloween event led by Runstreet, this awesome running club that leads runs around the city where we can also check out street art. We are running 3 miles (a shakeout run for those in the marathon on Sunday) and then back to the studio for some Halloween fun and my treats! I made these chocolate peanut butter bites and these chocolate and vanilla bliss bites that were made kinda by mistake.

I always get nervous before I make food for alot of people, and even though raw desserts are easy, I always worry they will turn out ok. Also, I'm on a mission to make the perfect cheesecake and can't seem to get the consistency I want with cashews. But more on that later because this recipe is for the chocolate peanut butter bites. These choco pb bites are currently solidifying in the fridge and are looking better each hour. I just cut them up and separated them and tomorrow I will photograph them and then freeze them before I take them to the studio. They taste great and I'm happy.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites Recipe:

Crust
Approx 8 medjool dates
1 cup of raw walnuts pieces

Peanut butter layer
1/2 cup of natural unsalted creamy peanut butter

Chocolate layer:
1big chocolate bar
1/3 cup of coconut milk

In your food processor, add the dates and walnuts and process on high. The crust will be a sticky, wet sweet crust. Press into a square glass dish on top of wax paper. 
Spread the peanut butter on top of the crust.
Melt the chocolate and milk in a small sauce pan on LOW heat so the chocolate doesn't burn. Stir often. Once the chocolate is melted and stirred, pour on top of the peanut butter and spread.

Put the glass dish in the fridge and let everything solidify. After 2 hours, take the dish out and begin slicing the chocolate peanut butter dessert into little square bites. Place back in the fridge or freezer overnight. Serve cold; they will melt when out in room temp so serve when people are ready to eat them.

Notes: you can use any nut butter you would like. Use at least 72% dark chocolate so that it's vegan. You can use oats instead of walnuts for the crust or use any nuts for the crust. You can also use dried prunes or another dried fruit for the crust instead of dates.

Follow me on Facebook!

Comments