Skip to main content

Hash Browns


Weekends always call for a big breakfast or big brunch and sometime I just gotta have scrambled tofu and potatoes with toast and some fruit. I made these awesome hash browns this past weekend and I knew immediately they had to go on the bloggy! The best part of these are the spices I put in; so much so that you don't need to drown these potatoes in ketchup. So, you've got the tofu scramble recipe here and just add this hash brown recipe for a full traditional american breakfast.


Ingredients:

2 large white potatoes
1 tbsp of olive oil
Dill
Sea salt
Powdered garlic
Ground cumin
Red pepper

Rinse and chop the potatoes into small pieces. Steam the potatoes until you can get a fork through them. Add the potatoes to a small pot that has the 1 tbsp of olive oil in it (I just made the tofu scramble first and used the same pot for the potatoes). Stir the potatoes well and add each of the spices. Add as much as you would like, being very careful with the cumin and red pepper since they are spicy.  Keep the sea salt to a minimum.  Mix the potatoes and spices well making sure all the potatoes are covered in olive oil and spices. Serve immediately. I serve with toast and earth balance butter or home jam

I'm going to try my hand at some indian dishes this week so I hope to have them ready for viewing on Wednesday and Friday. I'm trying to do my blog posts the night before because I am waking up early to run (I'm training for the Brooklyn half marathon).  On another note, I'm seriously thinking of enrolling in a plant based cooking class! I was looking over the syllabus and it's everything I want (and need) to learn. If I do this, I can't wait to write about it!

Comments