Skip to main content

Two Meatfree Monday Recipes


It's meatfree Monday, what are you having today??  Here is a wonderful potato recipe to have with a salad and the banana parfait is great for dessert or breakfast.


I wanted pizza last night and this was the next best thing because I decided to add some vegan cheese to my fries.  I cut up and baked two sweet potatoes and three white potatoes.  I used a ridged knife to give the potatoes a different texture.  I forgot how totally awesome baked fries are since I haven't made them in so long.  I didn't use oil for this recipe except for the coconut spray oil that is no calories.  I lightly sprayed the potato pieces and then sprinkled them with lemon pepper and basil.

3-5 potatoes, any kind
Spices of your choice, use garlic, pepper, sea salt, basil, oregano
1 large cookie sheet
Oil in a spray can
Flavored vinegar
1/4 cup of vegan mozz (optional)


Cut the potatoes into small pieces.  Arrange them on the cookie sheet so they don't overlap one another. Spray them with oil and sprinkle on the spices.  Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft enough to eat.  Sprinkle on the vegan mozzarella and enjoy.  I tossed a little bit of raspberry vinegar on my fries instead of ketchup to give them more flavor.

Banana Parfait

1 banana
1/2 cup of coconut cream
6 medjool dates
1/2 cup of rolled oats
Pumpkin Pie spice

Put the rolled oats and the dates in your food processor and process on high until it forms a sticky crust.  Transfer the crust to the bottom of a mason jar or bowl.  Scoop the coconut cream on top, sprinkle with the pumpkin pie spice and then slice the banana on top of the cream.  Sprinkle some more pumpkin pie spice on top of the banana.  It is an awesome dessert!

Pumpkin pie spice...I buy it already made at Trader Joe's but you can make it at home.  It's simply cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and lemon peel all mixed together.  Sprinkle on oatmeal, chia seed pudding, yogurt...pretty much anywhere you want extra warming spices.


What is your favorite fall dessert? What's your favorite way to make potatoes?

New Yorkers, have you purchased tickets for my wellness workshop on Oct 23rd?  Check it out here

Comments