Skip to main content

Healthy Oat Cakes and a blogging schedule


I have had a sweet tooth all week!  I made two huge salads with the ingredients I got at the farmer's market but I have wanted sweets all week so my meatless monday recipe is a healthy cupcake/small cake recipe with some cool toppings.  I want to try some soups as soon as the weather gets chilly again so stay tuned for more pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin!  I also want to make my pumpkin cupcakes again and later in October I will be making chocolate chip muffins.  I hope no one minds all the sweet food.


These cakes don't even have sugar in them; I was going to add coconut sugar but I completely forgot which is a first for me.  Ingredients: oat flour, unsweetened applesauce, organic soymilk, baking powder and vanilla extract.  No oil, no sugar-well except for one of the toppings.  To make oat flour, put 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats into your food processor and process on high.

In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of applesauce, 2 tsp of baking powder, 2 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 cup of soymilk.  Stir well, pour into cupcake cups and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Take the paper off of two cupcakes, put on a plate, sprinkle with cacao nibs and top with soy whip.  It's a great dessert or even a breakfast.  The oats are filling and full of fiber and once the cupcakes are baked, they are not sweet at all.  But they still taste yum :)  I topped these cakes with cacao nibs and soy whipped cream.


I'm trying to get on a blogging schedule so I will start this week with blogging Monday, Wed and Friday.  That way you will know when something new is coming and you can stay tuned more regularly.  I'm going to try a soup for Wednesday!

What are your favorite recipes to make this time of year?  Feel free to post in the comments,  Follow me on Instagram: fabuloushealthandwellness

Comments