Skip to main content

Butternut Squash Tacos


I haven't been following rawtill4 pretty much all weekend but I'm still consuming a ton of fruits and veggies and avoiding salt and oil.  I bought butternut squash at Trader Joe's the other day and I was super excited to use it in a recipe.  Truth be told though tonight, I wanted to order a pizza but I have a ton of veggies and I couldn't justify spending money on a pizza.  I'm happy I chose to eat clean tonight!

This recipe was super easy, you'll need your food processor, a steamer and a bowl.

2 cups of butternut squash
2 big leaves of kale
1 stalk of romaine lettuce
4 corn tacos
1/2 avocado
1 clove of fresh garlic
1 piece of fresh ginger
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Salt free seasoning
1 tbsp of cinnamon
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast

Tacos: steam your butternut squash and kale until you can put a fork through the squash and the kale is a bright green.  Mash the squash along with some cinnamon, salt free seasoning and nutritional yeast in a bowl.  Cut up the kale into small pices.  Slice your romaine lettuce into small pieces.  It will be easier to add these ingredients to the tacos when they are chopped.

Add the lettuce, squash and kale to your tacos in that order.  Add as much of the ingredients as you want.

To make the avocado sauce: add 1/2 an avocado, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, lemon juice, salt free seasoning and a little bit of filtered water to your food processor and process on high.  The sauce I made was slightly thick but you can dilute it with more water if you would like.  Top your tacos with the avo sauce.

I'm starting to follow my cravings as far as how I prepare my meals; since it's almost fall and there will be more warming veggies and spices coming into season now, I'm going to start moving away from raw till 4 and start cooking my meals.  I'm still planning on eating whole grains and fruits and veggies and no salt or oil but I'm going to begin having oatmeal for breakfast and making some soups.  Still, yesterday was super hot so I woke up and had a smoothie because I wanted it.  I'm going to go with my body and the seasons, try to eat in season, whole foods.

I'm back to running alot!  I went for a hot and crazy sweaty run yesterday and another one today, both along the East River.  Tomorrow I'm going to do a big run in Central Park.  I signed up for a 5 mile run in Central Park in October so I'm looking forward to my first run in my favorite park.  Yay for fall running!  Yay for fall anything....

How was your weekend?  What are your favorite fall recipes?


Comments